I remember when I was in high school, applying to colleges and universities was a no brainer. Getting a higher education was something my parents always pushed, so it felt natural. However, I wish I was smarter about financing that higher education.
Well thankfully, you don’t have to worry as there are many scholarships that can help support financing your education.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) application is now open and allows students to apply for multiple scholarships with one application! Awards range from $500-$5,000 and may be used for the institution and major of choice.
- Must be of Hispanic Heritage
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for college and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year university, or graduate school, during the fall of a scholarship cycle (fall 2018).
- US citizen, permanent legal resident, DACA or eligible non-citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Have completed a FAFSA or state-based financial aid application (if applicable)
- Selection decisions are merit-based
- All majors and graduate fields accepted
- Emphasis on STEM majors
For more information, and to apply for one of the scholarships, click here.
Be sure to also visit their Facebook page, as they have been sharing inspirational stories from HSF leaders and students.